2006 Hyundai Accent transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Accent:

2006 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Nov 152009

Accent

I have a 2006 manual transmission Hyundai Accent (gls 4 dr 5 speed) with 36,000 miles. On a trip to Vermont, I was driving up rt 7 mountains and accelerating uphill when my manual transmission jumped out of gear, revved up - I was in either third or fourth gear and put it back into gear - this happen around 6-8 time while going up hill and accelerating. After climbing the mountain, things were ok but on a low grade hill it happened a few more times and then once on a flat surface. This was about 10 days ago. Since then, I am back home in syracuse, NY and it has not repeated itself but I have not had the opportunity to duplicate the steep Accent with acceleration. I took this in to my Hyundai dealer and of course they could not duplicate it - they indicated that they never heard of this before and bring it back if it recurs. I asked about computer readouts and they indicated it wouldn't show up. I did a google search and only found an article on problem with the pulse generator - I did this search after bringing it home from the dealer (www.carsurvey.org/reviews/Hyundai/Accent/R49906/comments/page-2/) have you heard of this before?

- North Syracuse, NY, USA