2008 Hyundai Accent accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Accent:

2008 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Sep 062008

While driving down the highway my driver side mirror started to vibrate and then disconnected from my car. Luckily the power mirror cord stopped the unit from falling on the highway and I was able to pull off the highway and secure the mirror. The auto is a 2008 Hyundai Accent with only 10,500 miles on it. The mirror looked like it had defective internal parts. I took the car to a local Hyundai dealership and the service manager inspected the mirror and could find no reason for the malfunction other than the interior parts simply broke. He inspected the mirror for a long time and could find no external damage and didn't believe the unit was mishandled. He told me he would order me a new part and file a report so that the repairs would be covered under my warranty. Hyundai has denied my warranty claim even after the service manager found no wrong doing on my part. Hyundai has denied my warranty claim without looking at the mirror or listening to the service manager.

- Charlotte, NC, USA