2009 Hyundai Accent accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Accent:

2009 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

May 242016

Accent 4-cyl

Car has 29000 miles. Last week, the drivers side sun visor started "not staying up". it falls in to the drivers line of sight while the car is moving. It is a visibility/ safety issue. Thank you..

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 072015

Accent

The driver's side sun visor just fell as I was driving... the left side of the visor where it attached up into the roof of the car has a tube with the wire in it for the light - the light no longer works, and the tube dropped down - I can push it up in there, but falls again... fell down suddenly as I was driving and hit me in the face... had to react fast to avoid not seeing and getting in accident...

- Akron, OH, USA

Sep 102014

Accent 4-cyl

I was done shopping and starting the car, the sun was in my eyes so I pulled the sun visor down and I heard a grating noise and the visor popped out of the ceiling and hung by the wires, it appears the plastic piece it screws into snapped in half, I had to hold the visor with 1 hand as it was in my line of vision as I drove home. When researching for a new one I found this was a common issue with these cars and some even happened while the car was in motion, very dangerous, this is a problem and needs to be corrected.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Sep 172014

Accent

I was putting the sun visor back up in place and the arm by the door snapped. It hung in my way the rest of the drive. I had to hold it out of the way most of the time to see. It obstructs my visibility tremendously!!! it is very distracting!!!! please do something about this.

- Frostproof, FL, USA

Aug 292014

Accent 4-cyl

While traveling approximately 50 miles per hour on six lane divided highway, I attempted to park the sun visor in the full up (out of the way) position. It made a strange noise and fell all the way down in front of my face. Fortunately, I was able to react quickly and hold the visor up out of the way, thereby precluding any accident. This did occur during the heavy traffic of rush hour, and I have no doubt that this could have easily caused a potentially disastrous accident. My family also owns another, 2008 Hyundai Accent, which my son drives. The same issue also occurred while he was driving his just within the past few months. I have found many instances of both driver's side and passenger side visors breaking in the same way, obstructing the vision of the driver immediately (even if the passenger side visor breaks/falls). This is a serious safety issue.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

May 262014

Accent

2009 Hyundai Accent driver side sun visor just wont stay in up position. My car has very few miles for being a 2009 model for this to happen. I am a male and never use the sun visor for the mirror or the sun because I always were sun glasses. My visor falls now and impedes my driving. This should be a safety recall because if this were to happen while I was driving, it could have cause an accident. I have found many similar complaints online as I researched this problem for a possible recall from Hyundai.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Nov 152013

Accent

The drivers side sun visor will not stay in place anymore and just hangs down, which hinders visibility and gets annoying.

- Labelle, FL, USA

Dec 282012

Accent

Sun visor started dropping into driver's view on it's own in 2012. Driver was able to prop it back up until it the plastic clamp that keeps it tight on rotating arm broke. It became a visibility problem while driving, so visor had to be removed. We contacted Hyundai who told us it was not under warranty and we would have to pay $150 to have it replaced.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Mar 052013

Accent 4-cyl

Driving down the highway at approximately 50 mph, there was a very small bump in the road which caused the sunvisor to fall and totally block my vision. Now it will not stay up. Upon investigation, this is a very common problem on many Hyundai's. they recalled some models, but most they did not. This is a known problem because the replacement part has been completely redesigned.

- Leland, NC, USA

Mar 162013

Accent

The contact owns a 2009 Hyundai Accent. The contact was driving approximately 10 mph during the night and attempted to merge into a lane when suddenly, another vehicle crashed into the front driver's side door. There were no injuries. A police report was filed of the incident. The contact was able to drive the vehicle from the scene of the crash. The failure was contributed to the rear window edges that were designed with darkened material, causing a blind spot. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 14,200.

- Minman, SC, USA

Aug 012012

Accent 4-cyl

While driving, I pulled down the sun visor to shield my vision from the sun. I heard a strange cracking noise and the sun visor became very floppy. It will no longer stay in the up position, and this posed a visibility problem, and so I was forced to remove the sun visor. Now I have no way to shield my eyes from the sun, which also poses a visibility problem.

- Huntsville, TX, USA