2009 Hyundai Accent miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Accent:

2009 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Aug 022016

Nothing happened but there is a recall on my car.

- Calvert, AL, USA

Oct 012015

I've had nothing but trouble since I purchased this vehicle. I bought this car in Oct. 2014 and it had over 89,000 miles on it. Two months after receiving this vehicle, I took it to midas to have the oil changed. The mechanic informed me that there was some type of corrosion coming from the oil chamber. He flushed it out and changed the oil. After driving the car for two more months, I noticed some hesitation while excellerating. I had a mechanic look at the car and he told me I needed to change my spark plugs and wires, which I did. Approximately two weeks later, the car started hesitating again. This time it would not go any faster than five mph. I had to have this car towed home.   this vehicle was financed for $10,023 and I'm on a fixed income. I had already made car payments totalling over $3000. I was informed that this car has internal engine damage. Diagnosis: 2 bad cylinders and a melted catalytic converter. Price to repair: $2058. For the second time, I had to have this car towed to my home, and it has been sitting there ever since. I'm contemplating whether I should invest any more money in this car because I'm afraid that I'm going to continue having problems. Besides I don't have $2058 for another engine and converter. I received written notification this November that this particular vehicle per my VIN number is on the recall list. I have no way to take it in because it doesn't run. This has got to be the worse investment I've ever made in my life. I've notified the attorney general's office and the better business bureau of my experience with this car. I believe these cars should be taken off of the road due to the many hazards they pose. I will never buy another Korean vehicle. For now on, I will only purchase american made cars if only for safety reasons. Can I get a refund on this piece of junk?

- Columbus, OH, USA