2010 Hyundai Accent transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Accent:

2010 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Dec 242009

As soon as I got on the freeway, the steering wheel, brake, and accelerator locked up. I managed to make it down the ramp to the side of the freeway. I put on the emergency brake because, the car kept rolling. I attempted to turn the car off but, the key was stuck in the ignition. The car was still on. I managed to get the key out and waited a few minutes then I restarted the car. I drove to the nearest exit and when I got off the freeway, it happened again in the left turn lane so, I could not get over. I waited and restarted the car like before. I parked and let the car run for a few minutes. Since then it has not happened but, this is a 2010 Hyundai Accent (hatchback) and I bought it not even 3 weeks prior to this incident. I took it back to the dealership and they could not find out what was wrong with it. They told me because they could not duplicate the problem, they were chasing a ghost and could not help me. I asked what if it happens again and leads to an accident. I was told they can't help me with that question because they could not find a problem in the car. They returned the car to me with nothing fixed and no answers. I do not know what lead up to this problem. I have not crashed or damaged this car in any way. If the dealership does not know what is wrong and how to keep this from happening again, how am I supposed to feel safe driving this car?

- Los Angeles, CA, USA