6.5

2013 Hyundai Accent accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Accent:

2013 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Mar 182013

Accent 4-cyl

My wife and I, both over sixty, were driving back from Ohio to Connecticut on the penn rt 80, it was snowing and the road surface was slippery but drive-able. About five miles before the milesburg, pa exit, the car began to loose power and the windshield and the wipers iced up such that our visibility was impaired. I had to stop on the unplowed shoulder of the highway to clear the ice. It was very dangerous as large speeding trucks and cars were passing close by. The traffic included an irate penn state plow driver who beeped and yelled at us. When we restarted our trip, the Hyundai Accent would not go faster than about 15 - 18 miles per hour. We managed to get off the exit while riding on the snow covered shoulder after a very long and strenuous ride. The next day we drove the car, which ran perfectly, to the Hyundai dealer at state college. The car checked out fine. The dealer guessed that the car went into a "limp home" mode because of the road conditions. I concerned that this car company would design a system that would put a couple of senior citizens in such life threatening peril. I feel that we were very lucky, any one of those big rigs could have easily crushed us. Other drivers, put in the same situation, may not be so lucky. Why was this unsafe "limp home" approved by the government?

- Monroe, CT, USA