2013 Hyundai Accent seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Accent:

2013 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Apr 222014

Accent 4-cyl

The driver side seat belt on my 2013 Accent is defective. Although the dealer and the manufacture agree the car is under warranty both state I must pay $110 for the repair. This car is unsafe to drive.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 062014

Accent

I was hit on the left front quarter panel area so hard the car spun around. The side airbags deployed but not the front ones. I had my seatbelt on however was slammed against the steering wheel and my hands impacted the passenger windshield. I was rendered unconscious and had a temporary lapse of memory. I know have a pinched nerve in my lower left back and severe pain and bruising in breast right should area. I have been told that it could take weeks or months to heal. My daughter bought the car brand new a few months ago and was never advised of any recall/safety issues.

- Summerville, SC, USA