2014 Hyundai Accent seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Accent:

2014 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Jun 242015

I bought my car in Feb 2014, since that the electronic stability control (ESC) indicator has come on several times while driving. When the ESC is on, the other indicators air bag warning light, ABS, parking brake & brake fluid warning light, low tire pressure telltale and electronic power steering (eps) indicator will also take turns to come on for a while and then off for a few seconds then back on again. After I restart, ESC light will stay on and the other lights take turns to on and off. This will last several days and then back to normal. The worst thing happened on June, 2015, after the lights have been on and off the day before, the electronic power steering was lost when I started my car. Air bag warning light, ABS, parking brake & brake fluid warning light and eps were all on. I was totally in shock by what had happened since I basically could not back out from the parking lot with the stiff steering. I restarted several times and could not work out. When I finally got to dealer, the technician turned on the car, everything was normal. They tried to get a code for me but no code showed any malfunction. Since then, I was driving in afraid that this may happen again at any time and I may lose control and cause an accident.

- Morgantown, WV, USA