2014 Hyundai Accent seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Accent:

2014 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Jul 272016

Accent

My younger sister and her passenger turned left leaving the hospital headed South bound on nst traveling through the green light a car coming East bound came through the red light and hit my car. Both cars went spinning out and then shut off. I was a car behind them so I jumped out of my other car to check on her to make sure they were ok. After asking that I called 911 myself and someone else. When the fire department and ambulance arrived they checked them out and determined that my sister needed to go to the hospital but before they left they ask because of the damage they ask about the airbags and looked to see if they didn't deploy and they hadn't. they left and then the police came they took statements from witnesses and checked for the airbags also at that time they informed me that I need to speak with my insurance and call Hyundai. I did dobboth of them when I spoke to Hyundai they then gave us a representative name larry bane he then informed me that they needed to do an inspection on the car. The inspectors name is tom. Tom then spoke with me about the way things work and that he needed to tow the car to a Hyundai lot to use their machines and computers. He did that and a week later he call to tell me that the report he submitted 4 days prior had been corrupted at the Hyundai office and he needed to do another inspection but this one he didn't need to tow it for this one. Long story short they called the city and told them the car was abandoned and had it towed the same day they informed that the airbags sensor acted accordingly it wasn't hit head on and that the car needed to be hit right by the license plate which was knocked off in the crash and everything was smashed in. They are trying to cover up this airbag problem so they don't have to recall this car like they did with the sonatas and their airbags. I need help.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 242015

Accent

I bought my car in Feb 2014, since that the electronic stability control (ESC) indicator has come on several times while driving. When the ESC is on, the other indicators air bag warning light, ABS, parking brake & brake fluid warning light, low tire pressure telltale and electronic power steering (eps) indicator will also take turns to come on for a while and then off for a few seconds then back on again. After I restart, ESC light will stay on and the other lights take turns to on and off. This will last several days and then back to normal. The worst thing happened on June, 2015, after the lights have been on and off the day before, the electronic power steering was lost when I started my car. Air bag warning light, ABS, parking brake & brake fluid warning light and eps were all on. I was totally in shock by what had happened since I basically could not back out from the parking lot with the stiff steering. I restarted several times and could not work out. When I finally got to dealer, the technician turned on the car, everything was normal. They tried to get a code for me but no code showed any malfunction. Since then, I was driving in afraid that this may happen again at any time and I may lose control and cause an accident.

- Morgantown, WV, USA