9.2

2015 Hyundai Accent drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Accent:

2015 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Dec 212015

Accent

This is the second time I'm reporting this defect. I bought a brand new car on 11/28/2015 less than a week later while driving the normal speed limit the car began to power down and the engine light and battery light came on. I had to put the car in park then restart the car again this happened several times. The car was towed to the dealer to be serviced. I was told a new transmission was needed, the the torque converter locked up and this is what caused the car to power down and engine light and battery light to come on. Anyway a new transmission was put in the car and I was given the car back. The car was in the dealer service shop for a week. Now less than a week later the car is doing it again, powering down while driving, then engine light and battery light comes on. This is a safety risk!!! I have a child I fear for our life. I reported this to Consumer Affairs, BBB, the potamkin Hyundai dealership where I bought the car, Hyundai customer service, nhsta and anyone who would listen!. all I get is the run around, well, this is going to bethe second time the car is going to be serviced for this safety risk.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 292015

Accent

I have owned this car which was stated to be brand new for just about 3 month. A few weeks ago I had to pull over for a flat tire. This week same thing. When the car was towed to route 60 Hyundai I was told the damage was front end damage causing the 3 month old tires to wear to the cords. These are hankook tires which have been subject to many class action lawsuits. Route 60 basically called me a liar and insisted I caused the front end damage. This car is unsafe and this dealership should be ashamed of themselves for not honoring their contract and warranty.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA