2006 Hyundai Azera brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Azera:

2006 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Dec 152013

While driving on us 95 at night my engine stopped runing. I was traving at 65 the time. The car was towed and later inspected. The inspection revealed that alternator had failed because oil had leaked from the valve cover gaskets directly onto the alternator which caused it to fail. This failure also affected the power steering & my lights as well. I was fortunate that my car was not struck as the traffic was heavy..

- St Marys, GA, USA

Feb 122016

Airbag did not deplore until after the car fully stopped but the seat belt on the drivers side tighten continuously until I got a bleed injury inside my right breast the righting stopped only after I was abke to release it then afterwards the airbag deplored only in the drivers side no other airbags came out during this accident.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Apr 272012

Azera 6-cyl

While driving the car at various speeds the ESC light will come on and the dash will read "ESC off" and the car will not function;looses all power. No steering control, no radio, no lights, no brakes, the car looses all functioning ability. I have to pull off the road, turn the switch off, wait 5 to 10 minutes and then the car will start and run until it happens again. No pattern to this problem. This car has had multiple electrical problems since we purchased it in 2008. Harmonic balancer replaced, start sensor replaced, cam sensor replaced, the shifter will not work without pushing in the safety release, and the lights cut on/off all the time. Very unsafe and unreliable vehicle.

- Morganton, NC, USA

Feb 202012

Azera 6-cyl

When I started the vehicle when it was cold or when it had less than a half a tank in gas the check engine light and ESC light would come on. I wouldn't be able to drive the vehicle. It was as if the vehicle was in neutral. I would push the gas pedal and nothing, it would not rev. This has now happened on several occasions. I would have to continue to turn off and on the vehicle until the ESC light would turn off and the car would rev on it own.

- Roslindale, MA, USA

Dec 202007

Azera 6-cyl

Case number 3180238. I'm done with the car but I don't want to trade a vehicle which might cause and accident and get someone hurt or worse.

- Milledgeville , GA, USA