2007 Hyundai Azera accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Azera:

2007 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Mar 102011

Azera 6-cyl

While traveling on a highway, the glass of my sunroof 'exploded spontaneously". the time of incident was 6:15 am, the temperature was around 45 degrees and no adverse weather conditions. I was traveling under no overpasses, and no vehicles in front of me. I notice no object striking my car, my passenger and I heard a noise like a gun shot. I had the sun shade closed, so no glass entered interior of car, about 80% of the sunroof blew out leaving glass around rim intact and the blown glass causing damage to top and trunk. Other driver behind me were blowing their horn to tell me it happen plus I could hear wind, I stop and looked at the damage the remaining glass had a upward blown out appearance with no glass left on sun shade. I know this is tempered glass which breaks into tiny pieces. It was good I had the sun roofs closed or I might have had flying glass in eyes causing a accident. I believe this was a manufacturer defect. If a rock had hit it the glass would had fell inward not out.

- Eight Mile, AL, USA