2.6

2007 Hyundai Azera accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Azera:

2007 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 042016

Azera

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that the seat randomly moved while the vehicle was in motion. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than twice. As an interim repair, the technician disconnected the wires on the driver's seat. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired per NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V630000 (seats), 09V497000 (air bags, seat belts). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hot Springs National Park, AR, USA

Sep 152016

Azera

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the front driver seat started to move forward and the back rest of seat tilted forward independently. The contact reached down to manually override the seat forward motion but failed. The contact then removed the fuse that controlled the seat electronic commends disabling them and drove the vehicle home. The contact also stated that the failure had occurred approximately twelve times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 135,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 012015

Azera

Dashboard has outline airbag crack on passenger side. Driver seat moves forward, tilts forward, moves back while driving.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Feb 032015

Azera

The power seat-back starts to lean forward pushing the driver into the steering wheel. The driver must reach down and tilt the seat-back control the opposite way to overide motion. There is a short delay before the seat-back reacts. It is becoming more frequent and also happens when car is parked and unoccupied. Occasionally the seat-bottom will also move forward aspecially when parked. We are scheduling service with our dealership and will provide update after service.

- Goshen, IN, USA

Dec 032014

Azera 6-cyl

About two weeks ago, the back portion of the front driver's side seat began moving forward automatically while I was driving the car. I also noticed that when the car is parked the seat would move forward as well. When the seat moves forward, I am put very close to the steering wheel, which makes it difficult to steer and interferes with my ability to brake quickly. Also, because I am so close to the steering wheel, I believe that if the air bags were to deploy I would be unnecessarily harmed. I brought the car to a dealership on December 17, 2014 because of a separate recall notice I was sent. The dealership replaced the stop lamp switch and added corrosive protection to the under carriage of my car. When I asked the service manager if he could run a diagnostic on my car while it was being repaired, he informed me that because the car was not under warranty, I would have to pay $130 dollars. The bts wire in the front passenger seat has already been repaired, at 24,144 miles, so I believe that there could be a connection between the fact that there was a faulty wire in the front passenger seat and the issues I am now having with the front driver's seat.

- Carteret, NJ, USA

Oct 132014

Azera

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving 55-60 mph, the drivers seat independently thrust forward ad pushed the contact into the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the ims control module, seat tract, and the motor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 76,485.

- Ontario , OH, USA

Oct 102014

Azera

Driver seat back is moving forward on its own while I am driving. It is happening very frequently and is very dangerous.

- Peabody, MA, USA

Sep 222014

Azera 6-cyl

Front power driver's seat moves by itself randomly while driving. The seat leaned forward about 45 degrees itself while driving without touching the seat switch or any bumps on the road. The sudden movement of the seat, without any kind of warning, caused collapsing driver's upper body to the steering wheel and pushing driver's head downward. It is very dangerous to drive the car in that position. Driving speed was not related to the problem. I took the vehicle to the dealer service center in el paso, Texas. At first, the service advisor did not believe my complaint, but the seat moved itself in front of him, even while the car was stopped and no one was seating on it. The service advisor rulled out if that was seat switch problem and recommended to replace the seat track which would cost more than $2,000.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Dec 122012

Azera

All kinds of electrical problems least of which is the cigarette lighter quit working. The powered passenger seat can not be moved any direction. Air bag light came on after hitting a fairly small pothole. Air bag light goes on for a few days/weeks then goes off.passenger seatbelt indicator light comes on sometimes while passenger is wearing seatbelt sometimes the same light randomly comes on then goes off with no passenger and no weight in the seat. I have personally paid for a new battery and two starters which more than likely didn't need replaced because my car still won't start at random times. I first experienced it not starting around 79,000 miles I could tell it wasn't the battery cause I tried jump starting it and all the while the door chime lights and radio all worked fine. So I replaced the starter only to have it not start the very next day. Anyway a wire was replaced to the starter and all was fine for about 10,000 miles and the same non starting issues occurred again and again. Seems like I just keep trying to start it and maybe the 8th or 25th time it starts.. running out of words and they would only let me pick 3 parts to write about also have issues with brakes cracks around passenger air bag on dash etc.

- Oakland, MD, USA

Aug 142014

Azera

Power seat on drivers moves up back and tilts the back of seat toward steering wheel pinning driver.too dangerous to drive.

- Danville, VA, USA

Jan 012013

Azera 6-cyl

Driving on freeway, driver seat leaned forward as far as possible. If the seat had been positioned forward further, driver would have been pushed against the steering wheel! happened rarely at first, then began to do it constantly. When seatback is pushing forward the buttons are useless. By constantly holding the button to tilt the seat backwards, eventually it would go back. Eventually I disconnected the fuse for the electric seat so the car was usable (but you could not adjust the seat). This problem appears to have happened on a decent number of these cars. Searching on the internet found multiple people with the same problem. Cost to fix is outrageous (basically new seat/system).

- Loomis, CA, USA

Jul 092014

Azera 6-cyl

While driving car on a flat surface at 40 mph the automatic seats moved all the way back. I quickly moved them forward and continued to drive when they moved again. I had to pull over. I was not able to drive with the seat back so far. The seats continued to move in back position while in park or drive. An appointment with the dealership was made the following day.

- Mount Arlington, NJ, USA

Jul 092014

- Mount Arlington, NJ, USA

Jun 212012

Azera

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the driver's seat began to slide backward independently. The contact stated she adjusted the seat but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they were unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Oct 252013

Azera 6-cyl

The drivers side seat began adjusting itself while I was driving and moved all the way back so that I could not reach the brake or gas pedals. It also moved forward, pinning me to the steering wheel. It happened again to my teenager while she was learning to drive. Very scary for a new driver and very unsafe to say the least. I have yet to make an appt. At the dealership since it is out of warranty and I can only imagine what it will cost. I have seen other owners with the same issue and I hope you take into consideration that this is a huge safety concern and should be part of a safety recall.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Aug 292012

Azera 6-cyl

Driver seat adjusts itself forward 45 degree incline on my back. Unable to stop or prevent movement with knobs made for this purpose of adjusting back of seat. The seat inclines or reclines 90 degree angle even when car is turned completely off. Seat extended backward on my 4 year old grandson legs when he was properly seated in a child's car seat behind the drivers seat. I had to quickly reach back and move his legs to the side because I could not control the mechanism in the seat. As a result the child's car seat is not properly seated in the seat behind the drivers seat but I had to put it in the middle of the back seat. The seat inclines intermittently without my control and remains at a 45 degree angle. This puts strain on my back and puts my body too close to the steering wheel and the air bag. I am unable to utilize correct visual tools such as side, rear mirrors, or observe safely the surrounding of my car. Another major concern is when trying to adjust the seat it moves forward (not able to use knobs to control the tension) the seat belt tightens and I have to unlock my seat belt for fear of it becoming too tight putting all passengers in the in danger of injury. Please help as I am retired and have had to limit the use of a vehicle that I am still paying a note on.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Aug 272013

Azera 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the driver's seat moved independently. The contact mentioned that the seat would recline, move forward and backward without any one touching the controls or the vehicle being powered on. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 52,000 and the current mileage was 52,294. The consumer stated the seat would even move, when the vehicle was turned off. She purposely left the seat in the forward position and upon returning to the vehicle, the seat was in the reverse position. The dealer found a short in the seat switch. Updated 12/23/13

- Waldorf , MD, USA

Oct 062013

Azera 6-cyl

Drivers powerseat back tilts forward pinning driver to steering wheel, this happens on it"S own, you have to pull to side of road to reposition seatback! very dangerous, driver is pinned to steering wheel.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Jun 132013

Azera

The driver's seat moves itself forward and up and pins the driver into steering wheel, while driving at 30mph. You must pull over turn off the car to re-set the seat. This happened 3 times within 4 miles. The car is 5 1/2 years old and has 34,400 miles on it. I have now found numerous complaints of this problem on-line, once I got home. I called Hyundai customer assistance at 800-633-5151, and was told there was no recall and it is not covered under my warranty.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Dec 072011

Azera

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the rear of the driver's seat would move forward independently, pushing the contact into the steering wheel. The contact had to play around with the seat adjustment switches in order to get the seat to recline. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop for inspection but they were unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA