2008 Hyundai Azera brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Azera:

2008 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Oct 222015

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. When the ignition was turned to the on position, the ABS and brake warning indicators illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the ABS control unit wires failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,000.

- Agusta, GA, USA

Aug 282015

This is not the first time I had problems breaking I actually had my master cylinder replaced as well as my break pads. I was pulling up to a stop light today going only about 12 miles per hour as I was in a business area. I was pulling up to a stop light already breaking at 12 miles per hour or less my car speed off on its on running the red light! I almost had a heart attack. Lucky no cars was in front of me. I replaced my break pads thinking that was the problem. I had my master cylinder replaced as well so that's not the problem. Has anyone else with my car been in an accident with my car?

- East Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Apr 052015

Azera 6-cyl

My mother pulled in my driveway to park. The car made a weird sound and then accelerated at a quick speed. She pressed on the brakes and had skid marks to prove it, but the car would not stop. She ran into the next door neighbor's brick house. This happened on an easter Sunday. My sister was in the front seat. My mother had abrasions from the seat belt and severe bruises to the chest from the air bag. My sister had bruising to her ribs and her leg was cut, which resulted in 5 stitches.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Dec 082014

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph and depressing the brake pedal, there was an abnormal noise coming from the rear of the vehicle as the anti-lock brake system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, where it was diagnosed that the rear axle and the O.E washer needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 69,075. Updated 6/8/15

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 272013

Azera 6-cyl

While driving, suddenly ABS indicator, ESC off indicator and "ABS system failure" message on dashboard showed up and had to make emergency stop since all of these scared me. Also scared me that vehicle's ABS and stability control stop working. - after started driving slowly - some noise from front wheels were coming. Went to dealer and told us that issue with "wheel speed sensor" and "tone wheel" damaged.. why these sensors are exposed to road and damaged suddenly that make safety issue during driving and may have caused accident.

- West Chicago, IL, USA