5.1

2012 Hyundai Azera steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Azera:

2012 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Oct 022015

Azera

My Hyundai Azera has been diagnosed with a malfunction of a motor driven steering coupling, after further research online I have noticed that there are multiple complaints and issue with this same part on different model vehicle. There are some vehicle models that have been recalled for this particular part but my vehicle is not on the list. I feel that it should be Hyundai responsibility to recall all vehicles for the same issue...

- Brownsville, TX, USA

May 152012

Azera

The alignment has been bad on this car since I bought the car. My tires wore out at 28000. The outer edge of the tires are bold when I first took it in they blamed the roads. The car has always pulled to the right. I have to keep pressure on the steering wheel at all time to keep the car going straight. I took the car in after my tires wore out and they charged me $99 for an alignment, which I was happy to pay if they could fix it. When I got the car back, I had to hold the steering wheel off center to keep the car straight. I took the car back, they made a small adjustment but are now blaming the road again. Then they said there was a scratch on my wheel which I recently got and they blamed the alignment issue on that. That doesn't explain the alignment issue for the first 27000 miles. I like Hyundai. I have a Santa Fe and I used to own another one but I have a feeling I am going to be selling my 2012 Azera in the very near future.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Dec 162013

Azera 6-cyl

On three seperate occasions, the eps light would light up and the steering would get extremely difficult, almost to the point of locking up. After the third incident on Jan. 22nd, my wife refused to drive the car. Our local dealer said there were no other reports or bulletins concerning this type of problem. After a diagnostics check, it was determined that there had been an issue and that a new power steering unit would be installed.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Oct 252012

Azera 6-cyl

2012 Hyundai Azera. Consumer writes in regards to the vehicle pulling to the right while driving. The consumer stated the vehicle would also pull to the right, while in cruise control mode. Also, the steering wheel was not centered, it was tilted to the left, as there was also a slight pull to the left.

- Daly City, CA, USA