6.0

1996 Hyundai Elantra exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Hyundai Elantra:

1996 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Oct 022007

Elantra GLS 1.8L V4

My 1996 Hyundai Elantra GLS makes a rattling noise in the undercarriage and it becomes bothersome. It doesn't sound normal and it is as if there is some metal plate that vibrates rapidly underneath. I've never looked under the car, but I would like to have a suggestion as to what I should look at. The noise only occurs when I am driving, not when I start the car, but when I hit the gas I hear it. It eventually goes away but reappears after I stopped and drove again.

- , South Attleboro, MA, USA