2000 Hyundai Elantra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Hyundai Elantra:

2000 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jan 102012

Elantra GLS 2.0L

My car doesn't seem to want to take much gas. The pump keeps clicking off, then only allows me to put in maybe 10 more cents. Takes me 10 minutes to put in $20. Someone told me, when I put my gas cap on tighten the cap until it clicks a few times. This has helped some. I can only put 7-11 gas in because their gas pumps slow. This is such a pain every time I fill up.

Hyundai needs to do something about this, cause now my car won't start and my son believes it's the fuel pump.

- , Bonita Springs, FL, USA