1. replaced front struts (1 reports)
2000 Hyundai Elantra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Hyundai Elantra:

2000 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Feb 012011

Elantra GLS

I was driving on the interstate one day going about 75 and all of a sudden my tire blew I was lucky not to be killed. I brought it to be looked at because the tires were only a few months old. I had gotten 4 new tires and alignment done. They told me there was no problem at all with the car and the other tires looked great. They put a new tire on and ever since then I would drive down the road and the one side of that car seemed to sag and there would be a loud thumping sound coming from the tires. I could feel something in the gas pedal from the same issue. I had my personal mechanic check it out and I had to replace the struts and the strut plates. I got new tires and an alignment again and the car seems like brand new again.

- , Cocoa, FL, USA