2002 Hyundai Elantra accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Elantra:

2002 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jan 312015

Elantra 4-cyl

I arrived home around 4:00pm, Saturday Jan 31, 2015 and parked my car in the parking lot outside my condo building. I unloaded my car trunk, then closed the trunk and heard a rattling noise. I was not sure what it was at first but I knew it came from the car. I walked around the vehicle and opened the driver door to look inside. I did not see anything unusual, but when I closed the driver door I heard the rattle again on top of my car, when I looked at the roof I noticed the sunroof glass was warped upward and a hole was in the middle of the glass. When I looked closer at the sunroof the glass was shattered with a hole about 3-4 inched wide and the edges of the glass were pointing upward. It looked like the sunroof exploded from within. The rest of the sunroof was cracked and splintered being held together simply by the safety glass or I think it would have all fallen in ward.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 012002

Sun roof leaks, advisor say built that way.

- Nolanville, TX, USA