2002 Hyundai Elantra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Elantra:

2002 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Aug 022008

On July 30, 2008 I was sold 2 new tires by walmart after only 20,000 miles on a 60,000 mile warranty. On August 2, 2008 I had to take the car to big O tires because the air was low in my new front tire.. big O discovered 2 nails in my back sidewalls. The front driver side new tire had no new valve stem. The rim of that tire was bent (and should have been caught 4 days prior and would not allow the seal and the air could not stay in the tire. The passenger side tire had not been properly seated and could result in a serious accident if I were to hit anything. All of these things should have been apparent 4 days earlier. I am writing to express my serious concern for the safety of the walmart patrons and a serious problem for the Goodyear tire company. "there were 2 nails in my back side-wall that would have been visible when the car was raised. "there was a bent front driver side wheel that would have been easy to see and alert me to 4 days prior (and I paid for a 16 point inspection). "the right front tire was not seated, thus making me vulnerable to having a flat tire immediately upon any impact. ?I had no new valve stems on my new tires in the front. ?any and all of this information can be verified by witnesses and the staff at walmart and at big O tire center. ?below you will find both addresses and telephone numbers. "please do something about this flagrant disregard for the health and safety of consumers, their passengers, and people who might be driving on the same road when a tire blows out, falls off, or deteriorates! I have the work order for July 30, 2008 and a statement in writing from big O tires. Walmart service center 4210 East highland ave highland, ca 92346 big O tire at 2536 E. highland ave. Highland, ca 92346 909-862-4980 9) 425-8846

- San Bernardino, CA, USA