1.5

2003 Hyundai Elantra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Elantra:

2003 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 052009

Elantra

I own a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT that currently has about 58000 miles on it. While driving home, when I was approx 2 miles away I noticed that the car started to pull to one side a bit. Thinking it was a flat, I drove slow for the remaining mile or so and when I was about 200 yards from my destination, the front end dropped and the car stopped. Upon visual inspection, it looks like the frame where the passenger front tire meets the steering rod completely rotted through and broke. After looking on the web, it seems very similar to investigation PE09011.

- Thiells, NY, USA

May 162003

Elantra

The vehicle's tires were out of alignment and all four tires had to be replaced.

- Ute, IA, USA