2004 Hyundai Elantra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Elantra:

2004 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jun 022014

Since purchasing the car I have may problems with entering fuel in my vehicle. It takes at least 20 minuets to fill the gas tank. I pump keep shutting off after putting at least.50 in. I called to see if there was a recall but of course there is not one. My check engine light is on now I can imagine how much it will cost me to get the problem fixed. I see many complaints in regard to the same problem I am having please do something about this. I suggest no one to purchase this vehicle.

- University Park, IL, USA

Mar 162014

Elantra 4-cyl

Have 2004 Elantra w/ 77,000 miles. Check engine light came on while starting car in am. Car has no symptoms of bad plugs,02 sensor, or catalytic conv. Issues. Runs fine, no different. I have the car checked diagnostically and they said the 02 needed changing and new P;lugs / wires. The wires/ plugs arent due for another 30K miles we thought, and the car running fine! was waiting to have this service done as we were given a $613 quote! in meantime the check light went off and car running fine! it had just had theoiil changed and a new air filter when this occured, and new gas. It seemed when the car was almost out of gas( I let it run low) I put a better grade from another station and this is when the engine light went off! why would this occure if it is needing plugs, 02 sensors"?? also no trouble, roughness or idle trouble, or power loss with this car. Could it be bad gas, airfilter issues?" please help!!

- Federal Way , WA, USA