2004 Hyundai Elantra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Elantra:

2004 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jan 102007

Elantra 4-cyl

I own a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and when I tried to put on my seat belt on the drivers side which is shoulder and waist, the belt would not retract back and, thus, it does not fit securely around my shoulders and lap. I was told by the dealership that I would have to pay for the belt to be fixed for the seat belt warranty had expired. I disagreed with this since this is a safety feature. This is when I contacted you.

- Moneta, VA, USA

Aug 152004

Elantra 6-cyl

Driver's shoulder belt and both rear shoulder belts are twisted, and unable to be retracted. Vehicle was taken to the dealer, who D replaced one of the shoulder belts, and untwisted the others. Currently, problem recurred.

- Wappingers Falls, NY, USA