2004 Hyundai Elantra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Elantra:

2004 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jul 162005

Elantra

Hyundai Elantra gls 2004 (1) no events led up to failures (2) between 15000-20000 miles ignition stopped working - fixed by Hyundai after we severely nagged them for days - car is less than 18 months old has 32,000 miles on it now clutch disk is supposedly burned out- I have never had a clutch burn out on me or anyone I know much less at a mere 32,000 miles want to charge me 300 to see if warranty might cover it; however if it doesn't they will charge me 800 or so to fix this problem car grinds when turning- Hyundai will not check it out, supposedly warranty also does not cover this. Steering wheel is completely falling apart vanity mirror cover fell off yes, all this happened within 3 months of each other. I am now completely afraid to drive my car. The gears do not catch well and are getting progressively worse. The reason I bought this car was for its amazing warranty. Come to find out the warranty doesn't cover anything at all. Hyundai did replace my vanity mirror. Now if only the freaking car worked! I will never buy another Hyundai.

- El Paso, TX, USA