2005 Hyundai Elantra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Elantra:

2005 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Mar 302007

Elantra 4-cyl

After finishing driving the vehicle and removing keys from ignition the car will ding, the same ding that happens if you leave your keys in the ignition. If I exit the vehicle and try to lock the doors and arm the alarm with the remote keyless entry the car will not lock or arm the alarm, if I try to manualy use the keys to lock the vehicle it unlocks the car. The only way that I can fix this is if I turn the car back on and then turn it off. This occurs totaly randomly and occurs about once every month. It started about 6-8 months after I got the car in March 2006. Its not that big of a hassle now except sometime I might go to lock the car and think it locked when it didn't. I don't want this to be the start of a bigger electrical problem because I am also having the airbag issue that many people are having.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA