1.7

2005 Hyundai Elantra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Elantra:

2005 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jun 282014

Elantra 4-cyl

When I arrived home that night I thought I had left my lights on because my brake lights remained on. I checked my light switch and all my lights were off except for my brake lights. I looked up on the internet to see if there was any way to fix it and I found the recall on this particular item.

- Arenas Valley, NM, USA

Nov 012010

Elantra

Headlight burnt out on 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Took it to get fixed at a car repair store. Car repair store said wiring was melted to headlight, he had never seen anything like this before and felt it was a fire hazard. We had to take it to the dealer to fix the headlight. Service department at the dealer personally told me that there were burnt ends of wiring on the headlight as well as exposed wires. They told us that it is due to normal wear and tear and we had to pay $136.05 to have it fixed. They replaced the bulb and new ends at the headlight connector. I saved the old bulb and wiring because I feel that this may have been a factory or manufacturers defect that could be potentially dangerous and if left unfixed cause a fire. I do not feel that consumers should have to pay to fix car parts that were not installed or designed correctly in the first place. Dealership said that it was 'weird' and they had no idea how it happened but refused to admit that it could have been a factory/manufacturer problem. I spoke with both the service dept. Manager and the dealership manager. The part was just recently replaced so we do not know if it will occur again.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA