2006 Hyundai Elantra accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Elantra:

2006 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jul 092012

I read the structure report about the sun roof exploding and want it on record that starting the past week or so, I hear very loud pops that I think are the sun roof or the structural integrity of the car. The moulding on the right drivers side along the roof edge will not stay locked down either, I keep waiting for the sun roof glass to shatter all over me, it has been extremely hot here but I have never heard this problem before and it is alarming, I travel the interstate alone quite often and worry about this now that I read about this happening to someone else. The dealer is by my work so I think I will drop it off so that it is on their records too if this does explode on me as well. Obviously this is another 2006 issue, if the Elantra I bought in 2000 was like this one, I would have never bought another.

- Endicott, NY, USA