2007 Hyundai Elantra accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra:

2007 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Nov 082007

I was involved in a collision on I35 in saledo, tx in November 2007. I was in the right lane behind a semi. I switched lanes (into the left) to pass the semi when I saw a semi tire in my lane. I had no time to react. There was a retaining wall with no shoulder on my left and a semi on right - I had no choice but to hit the tire. I was thrown into the retaining wall where the front end of my car struck the concrete barrier. My car continued to spin, hitting front to back, 3-4 more times. During the impacts my driver's seat broke (stuck in a reclined position), which resulted in my injury (L1 burst fracture). I was taken in an ambulance to scott & white hospital where I underwent extensive surgery, and a three week stay (my family and I live in forney, tx). Since that time I have been unable to work and am continually suffering complications from the burst fracture. Had my seat not broken, I would not be in this situation.

- Forney, TX, USA