9.5

2008 Hyundai Elantra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Elantra:

2008 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Aug 292008

Elantra

Have a 08 Elantra. After driving it for few miles I had my TPMS light went on. I contacted the dealer, he checked and said this may be due to the cold weather. Again the next day the light went on. The tire pressures were accurate. Dealer ordered a front TPMS valve. Again after some miles the light started to glow in the panel. Unfortunately when I went to the dealer the light went off. The dealer said there is no problem. Again the next day morning the light went on. I drive a lot of highway miles, it was always really hard for me to park the car in the emergency stopping area and check what was wrong with my car. Dealer again ordered new valve and replaced it (took 3 days). Called Hyundai left a message with one of the managers. They told if the problem persists they are going to send me a field officer for inspection. But I think my dealer changed all the TPMS valves and he said they are recalibrated and I should not be having any problem. After that I stopped traveling highway miles. Now I drive in the city and a few days back the light again went on. I need call dealer and Hyundai and speak with them. This is a serious issue as TPMS says what's wrong with your tire, so if the light goes on we think there is something wrong and we pull our car back and check it. It is really dangerous and also hard to pull car back in a highway(need to search for rest areas). I have all the service papers which have the mileage records in them. Sorry to have not posted it.

- Rochester, NY, USA