- December 26: Hyundai Sonata Recalled To Keep It From Rolling Away
- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
- December 5: Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Warranty Extended
- November 4: EPA Fines Hyundai and Kia $350 Million Over False MPG Claims
NHTSA — Steering Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's a small trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 38,314 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.