- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 23: Kia Agrees to Proposed Settlement Over Inflated Mileage Claims
- December 10: Hyundai Elantra Recall Might Need to be Expanded
NHTSA — Steering Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's a small trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 18,372 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.