- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On
- October 31: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Fix Anti-Lock Brake Warning Light
- October 18: Hyundai Recalls Cars After Front Coil Springs Break
- September 25: Hyundai Recalls 570,000 Cars For Risk of Engine Fires and More
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,596 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (14 reports)
- not sure (6 reports)