- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
- December 5: Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Warranty Extended
- November 4: EPA Fines Hyundai and Kia $350 Million Over False MPG Claims
- October 7: Hyundai Sonata Brake System Lawsuit Gets Partial Green Light
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's a small trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,129 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (9 reports)
- not sure (6 reports)