CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.

We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.

2011 Hyundai Elantra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra:

2011 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 012016

Elantra

My 2011 Hyundai Elantra is under Hyundai recall 137. My vehicle has been at the dealership for regular service since 8/31/16. I mentioned the ESC was malfunctioning and the service advisor indicated it would require diagnostics at an additional charge. They diagnosed the problem and estimated by phone the repair would be about $1,700 because the yaw sensor of the ESC system had failed and damaged the steering column now needing replacement. I asked they request a goodwill repair since the car was just out of the 5 year bumper to bumber warranty and awaited notice. Meanwhile I reviewed the internet for the Hyundai repair issues and found my car was on Hyundai recall 137 for the ESC system. I noted the dealers were supposed to be repairning this issue at no charge to customers under the recall. My dealer had not advised me my car was under recall nor made mention until I told the service manager. I am still without my car or a loaner as the dealer tries to get from Hyundai usa an authorization to repair my car.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 212016

Elantra

I took my car to the dealer on 3/21/2016 to have campaign 137 done per the recall notice. Ever since the recall was performed the ESC light on the dash has remained on. I called the dealer and they have refused to fix it. I want to file a complaint.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 112013

Elantra

The steering wheel and car briefy moves comes out of alignment each time I drive over any size pothole or at random times. This has happened since I bought it arround July of 2013.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

May 092016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the ESC warning light illuminated. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the light remained illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Avoca, PA, USA

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Springfield, OR, USA

Mar 162016

Elantra 4-cyl

2011 Hyundai Elantra. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle state inspection failure due to recall repairs. The consumer was informed by the state inspection inspector, the battery must have been unhooked recently. The consumer stated the vehicle was at the dealer, for a recent recall and the dealer never informed her to drive 40-80 miles to reset the cycle of the car to onboard diagnostic. (obd).

- Richardson, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph and coming to a stop, the vehicle started jerking and required a longer stopping distance when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control) however, the parts for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 232016

Elantra

The rev light comes on and my car loses power. I have teken it twice to an authorized Hyundai dealer, and it is still not fixed

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 192016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Crossville, TN, USA

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000(electronic stability control); however, the parts to do the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 06/15/16 the dealer stated they recalibrated the system. Updated 06/20/16.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Feb 132012

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. While driving approximately 25 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle began to skid. The rear end swayed and the ESC warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The contact was able to regain control and continued driving. The failure recurred numerous times while driving various speeds. In 2013, the vehicle was taken to the dealer and they were unable to duplicate the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control); however, the remedy was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The approximate failure mileage was 21,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Aududon, NJ, USA

Dec 222015

Elantra

The 2011 Elantra has severe under steer and over steer I don't want to drive the car till it is fixed. It is scary.

- Kerrick, MN, USA

Feb 222016

Elantra

I rec a recall but this is the second recall in the past few months. The first one was fro a front-end coil, that could have snapped and punctured my tire, causing a crash. The recall I have now, is for the ESC system. They tell me to wait for another letter of remedy or I can call and make an appt with the dealership. If there is more than one recall, is this vehicle safe or should I assume it will be, when remedy is done? concerned about so many recalls. Neither recall has caused an accident, yet, and I hope the current recall doesn't cause one either, before I get the remedy letter. I can't be taking time off from work either, every time I get concerned over these darned recalls. I just want to register this complaint with you. I hope this is the right place for me to file, since I haven't gotten into an accident and hope I don't

- Worcester, MA, USA

Dec 012015

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, when the brake pedal was depressed there was an abnormal vibration in the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the rotor was warped and needed to be turned or replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,900.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Feb 082016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. While driving at approximately 55 mph, the ESC sensor warning indicator illuminated continuously. When the ignition was turned off and back on, the warning indicator did not illuminate. After driving for approximately one minute, the ESC warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V871000 (electronic stability control); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 87,500. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 132016

Elantra

I saw a recall for a car I traded in. Will the new owner receive a notice?

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Aug 222015

Elantra

My grandson was making a left turn when the ESC stopped the car in the middle of the road. Almost got hit broadside, before it released. It had happen to me in July dealer made a repair, said it was a front wheel bearing and repaired under warranty. The car has a warning light on for the ESC. This is extremely dangerous. I have apt on Wednesday with the dealer 08 -26-2015......updated 12/03/15

- West Chester , PA, USA

Aug 182014

Elantra 4-cyl

While driving my vehicle on the freeway traveling at speeds of about 60 mph, my tire pressure light came on, although all 4 tires were previously checked for pressure. When the tire pressure light came on, it triggered the traction control light to begin blinking uncontrollably. The engine then began to clicked loudly as my speed decreased, out of my control, to about 40 mph, although I had my petal to the floor. I then had to exit, taking local roadways as to my speed would not increase past 40 mph with my RPM was at about 4.5. after notifying the dealership and taking it in to be serviced, I was informed nothing was wrong but reset the computer just in case. Since then it has happened 3 other times with no explanation and diagnostic coming back clear.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 222014

Elantra 4-cyl

I haven't had any accidents but I had many almost accidents. It is very dangerous and scary. I can't even go over a bump or look to the left or right because it steers off so bad. I have to hold it very tight the whole time. I'm scared for my life as well as whoever is with me. Hyundai dealership just says its because its electric steering but I think they just dont want to deal with it. I hope there is something done soon.

- Irving, TX, USA