CarComplaints.com Notes: Be aware that there's a significant trend of owners complaining that the Elantra's fuel economy is significantly less than the EPA estimates.

8.9

2012 Hyundai Elantra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Elantra:

2012 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

May 012012

Elantra

This car has large blind spots caused by both the left and right front pillars. The positioning of the rear view mirror only makes the right blind spot larger as there is only the space from the bottom of the mirror to the right pillar to view outside of the car. As a result, I almost hit someone crossing the street from my right to my left. Thankfully, I saw them in time to apply my brakes. This happens frequently with this car. And, at intersections where there is a four-way stop or, when I am entering the lane, I can often not see a car coming from either direction. I fully anticipate that this car will be involved in numerous accidents. The Elantra driver will be at fault but no one will look to this "defect" in the car as the problem.

- Tulsa, OK, USA