CarComplaints.com Notes: Be aware that there's a significant trend of owners complaining that the Elantra's fuel economy is significantly less than the EPA estimates.

2012 Hyundai Elantra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Elantra:

2012 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 192012

Elantra

On October 19,2012, I was driving on 94 E in milwaukee, Wisconsin and got into an accident involving four vehicles. The traffic was going at a steady pace around 60 mph. The next thing I saw was brake lights and the car in front of me hitting the vehicle in front of him. I knew I would not be able to stop in time and hit the car in front of me and I also was hit from behind. I was the 3rd of 4 vehicles so my car was damaged in the front and the back. The damage was estimated at around $13,000. None of the airbags deployed. I went to the emergency room upon the night of the accident with back, neck, arm, and chest pain. Fortunately, I did not have any broken bones or serious injuries. I still have some aches and pains but am very blessed to be uninjured. Although I was fortunate to be physically healthy, I felt it was necessary to report this incident. I am a 24 year old active/healthy adult. If it were an inactive adult, an elderly person, or if a child were in the passenger seat, the outcome would not have been as fortunate. I needed to report this incident for others who had purchased the 2012 Hyundai Elantra. I know previous reports have been made regarding this make/model and the airbags and I felt like it is my duty to report my situation.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jul 262012

Elantra 4-cyl

2012 Elantra was struck in center of hood by Jeep SUV at approximately 45* angle. Jeep was traveling approximately 45 mph. Elantra was traveling approximately 5 mph. Elantra bumper caved in all the way to the engine block in the center. Air bags did not deploy. Investigating officer questioned why air bags did not deploy as well as the wrecker driver. Both commented that in their experience the air bags should have deployed in this case. Photos available for review.

- Richton, MS, USA

Apr 072012

Elantra 4-cyl

Drivers side air bag deployed and metal bracket deployed with air bag from headliner area also and sliced my ear in half... could have been neck... I have pictures of the wreckage inside and outside...

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 112012

Elantra 4-cyl

Stated Hyundai was hit on driver side rear by an SUV. Rear door curled around center post but side air bag did not deploy. Driver suffered slight concussion and neck strain. Rear door was destroyed along with rear fender & rocker panel. Estimated speed of offending SUV was 25.

- Natrona Heights, PA, USA