CarComplaints.com Notes: Be aware that there's a significant trend of owners complaining that the Elantra's fuel economy is significantly less than the EPA estimates.

5.6

2012 Hyundai Elantra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Elantra:

2012 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Oct 272013

Elantra 4-cyl

Two! not one but two of the oem tires have bubbles in the sidewall. That is a blow out waiting to happen and god knows what damage that can do. I'm afraid to drive the car for fear that one of the tires could blow out and send me off into a ditch. To top it off, the car did not come with a spare tire (to save weight and improve gas mileage) so if it does blow out and I can safely control the car over to the side of the road, I'm screwed and stranded. This happened to me last year and I had to have the car towed to the dealer and buy a new tire. Blow outs are very dangerous. Now I have to call a towing company to get my car and go get new tires.

- Berlin , MD, USA

Aug 292013

Elantra

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra equipped with hankook optimo H426 tires, size 215/45/17. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the tire pressure monitoring system warning light illuminated. The contact noticed that the front driver's side tire exhibited a bubble in the sidewall. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the defective tire was replaced. The mechanic also detected a tear in the sidewall of the rear passenger's side tire. A sealant was applied to the tire as a precaution. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- Old Bridge Township, NJ, USA

Nov 152012

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the rear passenger's tire split and the front driver's side tire blew on several occasions. The tire sensor warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis but the dealer could not duplicate problem. The tires were replaced and the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 292013

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra equipped with hankook radial tube less tires, tire size: P215/45/R17 (N/a). The contact stated that both front tires had developed bubbles. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and the technician stated that the failure was caused by the contact driving over potholes. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The tires were not replaced. The failure of both the tire and the vehicle was 14,000.

- Bayonne, NJ, USA

Feb 282012

Elantra 4-cyl

My low tire pressure light came on while I was driving. I pulled into the next gas station and noticed that 3 out of my 4 tires had a bubble on the outside sidewall.

- Stony Point , NY, USA

Feb 282013

Elantra 4-cyl Diesel

My low tire pressure light came on so I pulled into the next gas station and noticed that 3 out of my 4 tires had a bubble on the outside sidewalls. Tires are hankook P215 45R 17 87H - dot 5M24 dlh - only one of the tires had this number at the end (4711). I called hankook hq at (855) 275-8899 and the person was very short with me tell me they never had a tire recall even though they did have a voluntary recall. I have contacted the dealership and waiting for their return call.

- Stony Point, NY, USA

Dec 242011

Elantra

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra equipped with contipro contact tires, line size: P215 45 R17 (N/a). The contact was traveling 42 mph when the low tire pressure warning light illuminated and the passenger front tire was deflated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 4,754.

- Mableton, GA, USA

Jan 242012

Elantra

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra equipped with Continental contiprocontact tires, line size 205/55R/16. The contact stated that he drove over a very small pothole at 45 mph and the front driver's side tire blew. The contact expressed concern that the tire blew while driving over such a small pothole. The vehicle was towed to an independent repair shop and a new tire was installed. Both the dealer and vehicle manufacturer were made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The tire manufacturer was also notified of the failure and stated that the failure was due to a road hazard. No further assistance was provided. The failure mileage was 900.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA

Jan 022012

Elantra

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra equipped with hankook optimo tires, tire size 205/55R/16 H426. The contact stated that the front passenger and driver side tires exhibited bubbles on the sidewall. The vehicle was taken to a tire center where both defective tires were replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000. The dot number and VIN were unavailable.

- Oceanside, NY, USA