- June 20: The Midsize SUVs With the Best Headlights news | 6 days ago
- June 16: Hyundai Steering Wheel Locked Up While Driving: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- June 10: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports With Seat Belt Problems recalls | 16 days ago
- June 7: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs With Hoods That Can Fly Open recalls | 19 days ago
- June 7: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Genesis Over Parking Brake Switches recalls | 19 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 6 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - interior problem