- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 8 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 27 days ago
- February 9: Hyundai Recalls 2017 Elantra For Bad Brake Boosters recalls | 42 days ago
- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 80 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 80 days ago
NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 33,268 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: