- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 14 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 14 days ago
- January 1: Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Will Continue news | 15 days ago
- December 8: Hyundai Entourage Recalled to Keep Hoods From Flying Open recalls | 39 days ago
- December 5: Hyundai Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) Lawsuit Filed news | 42 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 16,729 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.