- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 33 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 35 days ago
- October 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Sunroofs That Take Flight recalls | 45 days ago
- October 17: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 48 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 51 days ago
NHTSA — Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 13,200 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
wheels / hubs problem