2014 Hyundai Elantra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra:

2014 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jun 062016

Wants to stall when pushing on brakes, and when I let off brakes it wants to stall, my gas mileage stays the same, and my temperature gauge goes up fast when's I start the vechicle. My lights in my car don't come on to much. And it's seem to be running rough in certain areas then it goes back to running good when I get further away from my house I had my car at dealerships 3 times and they say no codes. And the car does this when I sit still and when I push on the gas. It does it in city highway seems to be running normal. Dealers don't know what's wrong

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 202016

My daughter and I started smelling gas pulled over to see and looked under the hood of the car and noticed gas squirting everywhere turned the car off and removed the cover that is over the engine to see where it was coming from and noticed the clap that claps to the hose on the engine had came a loose I also noticed that the plastic was cracked in the inside of the hose. I had someone temporary place it back on til I can get it to the company I purchased it from.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 302015

Elantra 4-cyl

My daughter attends a university in the los angeles area. I bought her this car thinking it would keep her safe on the hectic freeways. Three times now the car has stalled on the freeway. Each time the traffic was moving very slowly with stop and go traffic. I advised her to take it to the nearest dealership and she did. They called her and asked to keep the car because they were unable to duplicate the problem so they couldn't diagnose it. She picked the car up the next day and it still wasn't diagnosed. I've seen forums on the internet where this problem seems to recur with Hyundai and is traced to the 1) maf sensor 2) fuel system; pump, injectors, filter 3) catalytic converter. If a technician has to "duplicate" the problem in order to diagnose it, it may never be fixed! now I tell my daughter to stay in the slow lane just in case. So much for "safety".

- Carlsbad, CA, USA