2014 Hyundai Elantra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra:

2014 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jan 232015

The hankook H426 tires on this car are extremely vulnerable to destruction caused by minor road hazards such as stones and shallow potholes or ridging in the roadway, even when struck at speeds below 30 mph. I purchased this car in March of 2014 and have since replaced 6 tires at full cost. The last incident occurred on 1/22/2016 while driving on a snow covered road at low speed. In every case, the sidewall of the tire appeared to be gashed. My wife is the primary driver of this car and uses it for work purposes. I fear for her safety whenever she drives this car.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Oct 102015

Noticed a odd noise coming from my left drivers side tire when making a right turn. Took it too a mechanic. Left front wheel bearing was severely damaged. Had to replace left front wheel bearing at 41,000 miles. This car has not driven on bumpy roads or any accidents.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 062014

I got this as a rental car and am afraid to drive it. Every time I go over a pothole, I feel like I lose control of the car. I've never had a car feel like this and it just feels dangerous.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA