7.7

2016 Hyundai Elantra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Elantra:

2016 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Elantra

My vehicle did not come with a spare tire, but with something called a "tire mobility kit" which is used to inflat a flat tire (maybe). In anticipation of the need to use this gadget, I have read the instructions and came across this item: "warning: Sealant is an irritant to skin, eyes and respiratory passages. Overexposure may cause central nervous system and kidney effects......do not breathe vapor or mist.....avoid contact with skin and eyes....wash thoroughly after handling....in case of skin or eye contact, immediately flush affected area with plenty of water. Needless to say, I is highly unlikely that I will suffer a flat tire close to a source of clean water. This product is poisonous and dangerous to use. The public should be alerted and the product should be recalled and replaced with a safe alternative. Please let me know if your Agency will pursue this matter with Hyundai.

- West Babylon, NY, USA

Jun 062016

Elantra

When parking our car, the key got stuck in the ignition switch and could not be removed. Obviously, we could not leave the car in a parking lot with the key in the ignition. I looked at a video on youtube: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=A4T6ydzkb5G and this guy's video saved the day. This obviously has happened for other people and seems to be an intermittent problem. We will be taking this to the dealer to fix, however, since it apparently has been happening to others for years I thought I should report it to you. If it is not fixed by Hyundai I will let you know. The vehicle was not in motion.

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Aug 162015

Elantra

On July 6, 2016 we purchased a 2016 Elantra limited. We do like the car. However, in less than 2 months, just over 2400 miles the new 2016 has the same problem as a 2013 Elantra that we used to have. We would press the brake, then press the push start button. Nothing happened, it didn?T even try to crank. It was as if the brake and start button had never been depressed. The car would not start. It was dead as a door nail. Then we would try starting the car a second time and the car would start. These events happened with a cold start and also a warm start. We took the 2016 car in to the dealership, but they could not duplicate the problem. Between the 2013 and the 2016 model years it would seem that something could be figured out to correct and fix the starting problem. We still have a new 2016 car that has a starting problem with the push button start.

- Hartly, DE, USA