2.5

2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

Jul 152011

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

I have a consistent problem with shifting gears. This has been going on for a few years. I'll try to take off and it feels like it gets stuck between the lower gears. It causes the car and occupants to get jerked around strongly. A few times it has made it difficult to proceed through an intersection. Hyundai dealer states it is the "speed sensors", but no longer covered under warranty.

- New Providence, NJ, USA

Mar 132013

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

I was driving to work, went to pass a car, my vehicle kept accelerating. I pulled back into the right lane, stepping on the brakes as the car kept going faster. I stood on the brakes, no luck, pulled the emergency brake, it slowed down a little, so I turned the car off and coasted onto the side of the road. I turned the car on again to put it in park, I had to fight with it and the engine was just screaming. I got it in park and shut it off again. It was very scarey to have no contol of the speed. When the tow truck came the ar would not start at all, he said the battery was dead. Now I'm waiting to hear from the dealer.

- Ghent, NY, USA