2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

Aug 282014

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

Engine turned off while I was at a stop light. I notice something was wrong when the car suddenly went silent without even the typical engine vibrations. The check engine as well as other notifications were illuminated on the dashboard. I cannot say exactly which ones because I was too focused on getting my car out of traffic. I turned the ignition key off and on again and that seemed to fix the problem (or at least the car started again and no warning lights were illuminated.) this is an incredibly scary problem and I am thankful it happened while I was at a stop and was able to quickly get out of traffic. I plan to take the car back to the Hyundai service center as it was just there (3 days ago) for a 30K maintenance, recall fix, and headlight bulb replacement.

- Seattle, WA, USA