2.1

2007 Hyundai Entourage brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Entourage:

2007 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments

Feb 162015

Entourage

Brake calipers come lose faulty suspension of shocks, arms, etc. Become lose regularly

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

May 232013

Entourage

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph attempting a left turn, he heard an abnormal knocking sound. The contact exited the vehicle and noticed that the frame was rusted. The contact also stated that the brake lights would not activate. The vehicle was taken to a certified mechanic where they stated that the struts, frame and control arms needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 180,808.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 022013

Entourage 6-cyl

The brake lights of my 2007 Hyundai Entourage do not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed. Also the electronic stability control (ESC) light won't go off, and the cruise control will not engage. Contacted Hyundai customer assistance, little to no help. They confirmed the online alldata repair notice that said there is a recall for this vehicle with the exact problems. However, they couldn't tell me if repair was covered under recall. They suggested I contact local dealer and have car diagnosed at my cost.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 012013

Entourage

Noticed cruise control was not activating and then not deactivating when manually braking. Upon arrival at destination, when engine was turned off, brake lights are remaining on and draining the battery. Unable to get the lights to turn off. Been having intermittent occurrences of ESC indicator going on at inappropriate times and remaining on. During those times, vehicle feels as if brakes are being applied even while I am attempting to accelerate on a straightaway. Vehicle seems to be so slow as if brakes are engaged. Found that stopping the vehicle and turning off the ignition completely will sometimes reset the car. Hyundai customer care was awful!!!! said the stoplampswitch on my vehicle has already been replaced through a previous recall so they cannot replace it again even though the exact same problem is still occurring again. They want me to take it to the dealer and pay for the diagnosis and replacement of the same part and problem! I've done that twice before (paid for diagnosis of faulty sliding doors which is why I came in to begin with) only to be told the erratic automatic sliding side doors will cost me $600 each to be fixed. Unacceptable customer service. Doors should open and close but we have had to live with non-working doors for over 5 years because Hyundai would not fix them for free as that was not a recall issue for them. Shameful service.

- Southlake, TX, USA

Oct 262012

Entourage 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. The contact stated the brake lights stopped illuminating. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician stated the brake lamp switch had to be replaced. NHTSA recall campaign number: 09V122000 (service brakes, hydraulic) may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Glen Ellyn, IL, USA

May 162013

Entourage

I was stopped behind a vehicle turning left, and a line of cars came through the intersection behind me. The car directly behind me was unaware that I was stopped because apparently my brake lights were not on and the driver had to swerve quickly into the lane of oncoming traffic; the car behind him swerved into the right breakdown lane. We are fortunate we were not hit and that no one else was hit. Assuming the fault was with the other driver, I continued driving our Entourage unaware of the ongoing problem, only to discover on the highway last night after dark that the brake lights were not working. I had been driving the vehicle for close to a month this way--the ESC light has also been on that long--not realizing that the problem was also affecting the brake lights. There was a safety recall issued for this problem in 2009. Though every website I've consulted includes the Entourage in the recall campaign, Hyundai maintains that it is not included. It befuddles me that a known safety issue that is affecting the 07 Entourage is being completely ignored by Hyundai customer service. The safety issue is particularly troubling because owners will not know that their brake lights are failing to engage, unless an accident or near accident occurs. Even then, (like our family) they may not realize the problem. Unless a recall is issued/honored, the only way to discover the problem is to have it while operating the car. In our case, my children ride everywhere with me in the Entourage. I spoke with customer service twice, and got nowhere. I will not be purchasing another Hyundai in the future.

- Uxbridge, MA, USA

May 132010

Entourage

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph and depressing the brakes, the vehicle shook and the brakes failed without warning. The vehicle was taken the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brakes needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000 and the current mileage was 48,000. The VIN was not available.

- Chico, CA, USA

Apr 232013

Entourage 6-cyl

I have been experiencing several electrical issues with the van. The van has been to the dealership several times for motor issues with the sliding side doors. About 5 months after purchasing the van we had issues with the side doors popping open while driving 70mph down the expressway. This was an ongoing problem. Was told by the dealership that the issue was fixed. Upon the last visit to the dealership for a sliding side door that does not function properly I was told that the motor needs to be replaced despite the several complaints I have had about the sliding doors. The cost was over $150 to replace the motor for the door. Current issue is the brake lights do not illuminate at all. I called dealership after learning of recall online and they stated this was VIN specific and no recall was issue on my van and I would have to pay the cost. After reading several reports of the same issue with the brake lights the issue does not seem to be VIN specific.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

Jan 232013

Entourage

Driving auto at a slow rate of speed to stop at designated stop sign. Brakes failed temporary until brake pedal was pumped rapidily. Auto taken to independent repairman. Found a recall on this auto-recall 09V122000 --Hyundai recall no 092. Part affected is the stop lamp switch. Local hyndai dealer was called by repair shop and told that auto was not covered as it was made in Korea? from the summary on the recall, we have also some of the malfunctioning problems: Stop light stay on, shift interlock so the transmission shifter would not be able to be shifted out of park. In September we had a problem which was diagnossed as a defective master cylinder, which was replaced. Now a determination has been made that the master cylinder may be defective again. I called hyndai customer service and was informed that this auto, by VIN number, was not on recall. Thank Y ou for your consideration.

- New Port Richey, Fl. 34655, FL, USA

Jan 172013

Entourage

Vehicle brake light switch failed. ESC light remains on. Brake lights stay on. Hyundai refuse to fix free of charge, even though part of recall#09V122000.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 082012

Entourage 6-cyl

I have called Hyundai and asked about recalls, they say there are none. But my brake lights continue to stay on and my cel is on and it shows a bad computer. I feel the computer should be replaced by dealer not at my expense.

- Hicksville, OH, USA