1.7

2007 Hyundai Entourage lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Entourage:

2007 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments

Jul 122014

Entourage 6-cyl

Turn signal intermittent/total failure, symptoms are typically seen when a bulb fails. Replacement bulbs do not correct issue as this issue is related to a faulty BCM (body control module). Vehicle doesn't use a relay style signal indicator system. Note: That the rear turn signal blinks fast during failure. Multiple forum post state that it can appear on either side.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Nov 012013

Entourage 6-cyl

Driving down the road and when letting off the gas and vehicle starts slowing down head lights, brake lights, inst. Panel light, radio would cut out for a second or two and come back on. Started off doing it 1 a week, a couple days, now it does it constantly when car is slowing down. Don't go off while at idle. Other drivers flash their lites at me or blows their horn' especially cars that are following me.

- Millville, NJ, USA

Jul 012013

Entourage

Noticed cruise control was not activating and then not deactivating when manually braking. Upon arrival at destination, when engine was turned off, brake lights are remaining on and draining the battery. Unable to get the lights to turn off. Been having intermittent occurrences of ESC indicator going on at inappropriate times and remaining on. During those times, vehicle feels as if brakes are being applied even while I am attempting to accelerate on a straightaway. Vehicle seems to be so slow as if brakes are engaged. Found that stopping the vehicle and turning off the ignition completely will sometimes reset the car. Hyundai customer care was awful!!!! said the stoplampswitch on my vehicle has already been replaced through a previous recall so they cannot replace it again even though the exact same problem is still occurring again. They want me to take it to the dealer and pay for the diagnosis and replacement of the same part and problem! I've done that twice before (paid for diagnosis of faulty sliding doors which is why I came in to begin with) only to be told the erratic automatic sliding side doors will cost me $600 each to be fixed. Unacceptable customer service. Doors should open and close but we have had to live with non-working doors for over 5 years because Hyundai would not fix them for free as that was not a recall issue for them. Shameful service.

- Southlake, TX, USA

Dec 122012

Entourage 6-cyl

Brake lights failed due to a faulty stop switch. Seems similar to issue found/covered by campaign 110.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Jun 022013

Entourage 6-cyl

Driving home last night my ESC off/on light came on. I didn't know what this meant, but kept driving. Upon arrival at home my brake lights would not come off. The only thing that would make them go off is disconnecting the battery cable. Upon further test the brake lights stay on while driving as well so the individual behind me would not be able to tell whether or not I was about to stop. I called the dealer and the 800 number in regards to a recall that I saw on the NHTSA website that may be related to the issue and they say my vehicle is not impacted by this recall and that I need to take it in to the dealer. The issue seems amazingly similar to the 2009 recall.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 162013

Entourage

I was stopped behind a vehicle turning left, and a line of cars came through the intersection behind me. The car directly behind me was unaware that I was stopped because apparently my brake lights were not on and the driver had to swerve quickly into the lane of oncoming traffic; the car behind him swerved into the right breakdown lane. We are fortunate we were not hit and that no one else was hit. Assuming the fault was with the other driver, I continued driving our Entourage unaware of the ongoing problem, only to discover on the highway last night after dark that the brake lights were not working. I had been driving the vehicle for close to a month this way--the ESC light has also been on that long--not realizing that the problem was also affecting the brake lights. There was a safety recall issued for this problem in 2009. Though every website I've consulted includes the Entourage in the recall campaign, Hyundai maintains that it is not included. It befuddles me that a known safety issue that is affecting the 07 Entourage is being completely ignored by Hyundai customer service. The safety issue is particularly troubling because owners will not know that their brake lights are failing to engage, unless an accident or near accident occurs. Even then, (like our family) they may not realize the problem. Unless a recall is issued/honored, the only way to discover the problem is to have it while operating the car. In our case, my children ride everywhere with me in the Entourage. I spoke with customer service twice, and got nowhere. I will not be purchasing another Hyundai in the future.

- Uxbridge, MA, USA

Oct 012007

Entourage 6-cyl

I have replaced 10-12 headlights since purchasing this vehicle. Dealership where I took it during warranty claimed there was no problem, just usage. It is now blowing a light every 4 to 6 weeks.

- Tumbling Shoals, AR, USA

Mar 222011

Entourage 6-cyl

The right front signal light stopped working. It was replaced and a few weeks later, it stopped working again. We are getting it replaced again tomorrow.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA