2.7

2008 Hyundai Entourage suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Entourage:

2008 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments

Mar 082013

Entourage 6-cyl

This is a complaint about the cambers on this vehicle. On many occasions since buying this vehicle I have experienced the following in left hand turns at 45 - 55 mph. When trying to pass a vehicle, when I turned the steering wheel to the left to move into the left passing lane something jerked the wheel further to the left and has nearly caused me to run off the road on the other side. The first time it happened at about 20,000 miles. This has also happened when traveling down the mountains in West Virginia in sharp left hand turns. My concern is that this may be caused by the cambers. Every time I take my van to have the tires rotated I am told the cambers hold the tires at an angle and there is not adjustment for it. They are permanently at an angle and have been ever since I bought the vehicle. I have asked the dealership about the problem and the only thing they will tell me is there are no aftermarket parts to fix it, and that it cannot be adjusted. Because there are no adjustment, this vehicle wears out tires long before the tread life is up. The first set of tires had to be replaced at 25,000 miles. Tire manufactures will not give credit against mileage because of the cambers. Now due to the heavy corrosion underneath, and no camber adjustments I feel this vehicle is unsafe.

- Mcgaheysville, VA, USA

Jul 242014

Entourage 6-cyl

This complaint is in regards to the NHTSA campaign number 13V556000-component suspension and/or front lower control arm corrosion. My vehicle was purchased March 2008 and is registered in Virginia (not included in the recall), however 90% of the miles on this vehicle are from traveling in West Virginia (which is included in the recall). I called the Hyundai customer service line to ask if my van was included in the recall. They told me it is not included in the recall. They would not tell me why it was not included. My mechanic has checked the van and has quoted in writing the following. "suspension front and rear has heavy corrosion (appears to still meet va state inspection criteria)". he told me the rear toe cannot be adjusted due to the heavy corrosion. It is now making a horrible metal to metal grinding noise in the front end. I am very concerned and afraid for my safety in this vehicle. I travel alone in areas that are mountainous and I do not have cell phone service in these areas. This van is my only vehicle so I have no choice but to drive it. Any vehicle that has heavy corrosion that creates a safety issue regardless of where it travels should be included in the recall. I am requesting that the vehicles in this recall be expanded to include all states. Please help.

- Mcgaheysville, VA, USA

Dec 022013

Entourage 6-cyl

The vehicle has begun vibrating significantly upon acceleration and at higher speeds. I have since had the tires rotated multiple times and balanced. I finally took the vehicle in to the dealership this week (7/8/14) and they recommended front brake repair a replacement engine intake (unsure of the actual name) that should take care of the problem. After almost $400 in repairs already, their post installation test derive revealed the same vibration issues. They have now suggested that they have identified massive deterioration in the right axle an that now needs to be replaced. From my research on message boards, this is a problem that seems to exist on Hyundai Entourage models and Kia sedona minivans from the same year. The vehicle is less than a year outside of warranty. Since this seems to be a pervasive issue with this model and a manufacturer safety concern, since the axle is not a part that should be subject to this type of normal wear an tear after only 52K miles, I am requesting that the repairs be completed at no charge to me vs the $800 requested by the dealer.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 022013

Entourage

The purpose of this letter is to request NHTSA to include 2008 Hyundai Entourage vehicles from the state of Virginia in the Agency's recall and repair authorization, NHTSA campaign number 13V556000, components suspension, and/or front lower control arm corrosion, ¯ dated November 06, 2013. I am the original owner of a 2008 Hyundai Entourage, purchased in the state of Virginia, with the exact mechanical problems delineated in the agencys recall and repair notice and authorization. Although I lived in Virginia, I worked in Washington, DC, and traveled extensively in the salt belt¯ states of Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC, as noted in the agencys recall and repair authorization. Critically important, the state of Virginia has the exact weather conditions as West Virginia. To include the state of West Virginia in the recall and repair authorization and not Virginia is nonsensical or preposterous. 2008 Hyundai Entourages from Virginia have had as much exposure to the corrosive and harmful impact of road salt and water¯ as other vehicles designated in the Agency's recall and repair report of November 06, 2013, campaign 13V556000.

- Marion, AR, USA