2009 Hyundai Genesis brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Genesis:

2009 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Jan 162013

Genesis 8-cyl

This is the second time the brake light diode has gone out in 29000 miles. There is no warning light or indicator that the brake lights are out. Both times it was caught during an oil change.

- Frankewing, TN, USA

Apr 092012

On a total of four occasions now I have had total brake failure--brake pedal to the floor when moving. The vehicle went to the dealership after the first incident. Multiple parts were replaced. The problem occurred a second time thereafter. I captured it on video, as the problem was not duplicating at the dealership. The dealership determined the brake master cylinder was faulty and replaced it. Almost eight months to the day later (today), the same problem occurred. It is intermittent and random. The brake pedal literally pushes to the floor, almost as if no fluid is in the lines. There are no recalls, tsbs, etc. I have posted this in online forums and sought answers. So far no luck. It is only a matter of time before a crash and possibly injury occur. I am very close to parting ways with the car. Brakes are like jet engines; they really need to work all the time. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Dec 282012

Genesis 6-cyl

On December 28th I was driving in my '09 V6 Genesis on the interstate for about 20 minutes and I took a downhill exit with a stop sign at the bottom of the hill. Thank the universe that the road was empty because as I applied the brakes to slow down they went to the floor and the car barely slowed down at all. As I got closer and closer to the stop sign I had to pump the brakes about 4 more times with them going all the way to the floor each time. The car finally slowed down to about 10 miles an hour. As nobody was at the sign at the bottom of the hill I was able to coast slowly through the stop sign and turn left to use the emergency brake to come to a complete stop. I then turned the car off and back on to try the brakes again. They went to the floor about 4 more times and then the pressure finally returned. This is some scary stuff since I was on the highway for about 20 minutes and I know for a fact that I would have crashed into someone had I been driving during rush hour traffic and there been a line to get off the interstate. I got the car home safely that afternoon and parked it to leave the country for vacation. I returned on the night of new years day and dropped the car off on the morning on January 2nd. The dealer said they would look into the problem. I got a call from them yesterday saying they cannot repeat the problem (of course) but also mentioned that they had to replace the master brake cylinder on a Genesis just last week for the exact same problem. Ironically enough I was speaking with my coworker about this (he has a Genesis) and he said his dad has a Genesis and just had the exact same problem 2 weeks ago, to which the dealer replaced some ABS parts on his car. Please look at this forum to see others who are experiencing problems with their brakes (

- San Diego, CA, USA