5.7

2009 Hyundai Genesis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Genesis:

2009 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 122010

Genesis 6-cyl

I was driving my 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 sedan on Georgia 400 North (North of atlanta, ga) on Monday, July 12 when the gas pedal didn't respond as I depressed it. After that when I pressed on the accelerator, there was no power.gas pedal was intermittent in it's response initially. Electricity was still there and the engine was still on, but no power from the gas pedal. I had to turn the emergency lights on and moved onto the side. The car would start but wouldn't stay powered so I had to call Hyundai roadside assistance for a tow. Towed to local dealership in roswell. Put it on the computer to check codes but didn't find anything. Local dealership kept car 2 days, called Hyundai corporate, and was told to flash the computer. Dealership took for a couple of test drives but problem didn't re occur. Genesis owners forum has a similar occurance listed. Very concerned about a possible reoccurance that may not have such a pleasant outcome if I lose power again.

- St Johns, FL, USA