2009 Hyundai Genesis seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Genesis:

2009 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Dec 192014

Genesis 8-cyl

"I was subjected to a sudden acceleration last night while driving my 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6. I left a full stop and sighted another car speeding toward a stop sign coming from my left. To avoid being broadsided I swerved to avoid and my accelerator jammed. I sped across the street and into a landscaped area. I hit a tree at that point which brought my vehicle to a stop. The driver side air bag deployed and I was wearing a seat belt. I sustained some impact injuries that appear to be of a minor nature. A lake was located just beyond the tree and I deliberately selected the medium size tree as a target. I was fortunate. I sustained a back injury some years ago and drive with two feet - one for the accelerator and one for the brake. There was therefore no chance that my foot slipped from one pedal to the other. Ref: Hyundai Genesis 4.6 2009.

- Lake Worth. , FL, USA

Oct 132013

This has been an ongoing issue, I have filed at least 4 complaints concerning a "soft pedal " issue. The dealer has inspected my vehicle recently as well as Hyundai America and I am still awaiting a response as to what was found. The vehicle was inspected on 1/22/2014. Note on service invoice states " dpsm has been out to drive and inspect vehicle. No person from parkway Hyundai can give any further information. This is a matter for Hyundai motor America." It has been 5 months since the inspection and hma has still not contacted me. I don't know what is going on with this website but it nolonger shows the Genesis under Hyundai if searching for complaints, recalls or investigation. As we approach this holiday period I hope that there are no serious accidents as a result of the "soft pedal" issue as well as a read collision at low speed that triggers the head seat restraint to deploy and throws both front seat passengers forward and the seat belts won't deploy at this low speed. Just another complaint that hasn't been address. Is the NHTSA overloaded with all the recalls from indication over the years. GM as an example.

- Southport, NC, USA

Sep 192012

The contact owns a 2009 Hyundai Genesis. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, he crashed into another vehicle that was stopped on an on ramp and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a concussion and a police report was filed. The vehicle was able to be driven away from the crash scene. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was taken to another dealer for a second opinion who stated that after inspecting the vehicle and looking at a picture of the crash he determined that the damages on the vehicle were not significant enough to cause the air bags to deploy. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Anaheim, CA, USA