2010 Hyundai Genesis brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 192013

Genesis 8-cyl

Several months ago when I attempted to brake, the pedal went down to the floor. However, upon stopping the car and restarting the engine, the car appeared to be normal. I called the dealer and reported the problem and was told by the service writer that if it was not "doing it further" and there were no warning lights there was no point in bringing the car in. Today, I experienced a total brake failure; this time I was in a parking lot and the pedal went all the way to the floor and I was only able to stop the car by letting it reduce to coasting speed and shifting into "park". as I was only a few blocks from my house, I was able to limp home, pumping the brake to stop. My husband called the dealership when I got home and was told to bring it over. The dealership is about 4 miles from our house, my husband drove very slowly and found that upon pressing the brake pedal there was minimal braking and then complete fade out of the brakes. He used the parking brake to stop the car when necessary. When the car was examined at the dealership they reported to my husband that the ABS module had failed and needed to be replaced. (it is important to note that this failure took place without warning and without any indicator lights, either the ABS light or the brake light, indicating that there was a problem.) before filing this complaint, I looked online and found many, many complaints of the exact same problem. Why hasn't NHTSA ordered an investigation or recall?

- Plantation, FL, USA

May 102013

Total brake failure on 5/10/2013 and 5/11/2013.

- Raleigh, NC, USA